Terms & Conditions
By purchasing a ticket or gift voucher for any of our cake masterclasses, either for yourself or on behalf of another person attending, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Please read these terms carefully and make sure that you and any person attending understand them before purchasing.
Booking and Attendance
- Payment in full is required at the time of booking to secure your class space.
- Class meeting points are as follows: Edinburgh – 3D Cakes Edinburgh, 20 Roseburn Terrace, Edinburgh, EH12 6AW; Glasgow – 3D Cakes Milngavie, 38 Station Road, Milngavie, G62 8AB.
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes ahead of the scheduled start time of your class. Due to the importance of starting and continuing the class on time for all participants, we may not be able to allow persons who arrive after the scheduled start time to attend their class, however we will endeavour to do so where possible. No refunds will be given to late arrivals.
- Please wear practical clothing, including flat shoes that cover your toes, a minimal amount of jewellery and hair tied back where necessary.
- Children aged 8 years and over may attend our classes. Participants aged under 16 must always be accompanied, supervised and assisted by a paying adult when attending a class.
- Only paying participants are permitted to be in the Sugarcraft School premises whilst classes are in progress.
- Please do not attend if you have been unwell within the 48 hours before your class. This is to protect all of our customers and staff. Please note that our cancellations and rescheduling terms will still apply if you are unwell as per those Terms and Conditions below, therefore, we therefore suggest that you send someone in your place (as explained below).
- We may refuse admission or ask a participant to leave a class if we suspect that they are under the influence of alcohol or an illicit substance, are unwell or are engaging in inappropriate behaviour. No refunds or rescheduling will be offered in those circumstances.
- Please follow our hygiene and safety instructions, guidance and procedures as explained by your class tutor. You acknowledge, however, that whilst we will suggest health and safety measures, it is impossible for us to safeguard your health and safety at all times. You understand and agree that you are ultimately responsible for your own health and safety.
- Allergens: Classes are held in a nut handling environment in which nuts may be present. Our standard recipes contain or may contain: Egg, Wheat, Oat, Whey, Milk, Lactose, Soya, Nuts, Sesame, Almonds, Hazelnuts, Peanuts, Sulfites. Some of our cakes are decorated with fresh flowers which may contain traces of celery and mustard as well as pollen, which may not be suitable for hay-fever sufferers. We are unable to offer allergen-free cakes or allergen-free work areas in any of our classes.
- You alone are responsible, and we accept no responsibility, for ensuring that allergy and dietary requirements are looked after for anyone who consumes any cakes(s) you take home from a class.
- If you have any medical conditions which may effect your participation in any class you are responsible for making the Sugarcraft School aware of this so that we may take the necessary actions and decisions to ensure your safety and that of fellow students and staff.
- Following your class, please follow our instructions for the transportation, storage and consumption of your cake(s).
- Class attendees may be photographed and/or filmed during your class. David Duncan Sugarcraft School and 3D Cakes may use any photographs and/or recordings featuring you, and may cut, edit and adapt the same as necessary on our Website, on social media channels or in our marketing and promotions.
- You will indemnify and hold us and our employees harmless from all claims, damages, liabilities and causes of action which may arise as a result of:
- your preparation, storage, and consumption of your cake(s) after your class;
- any loss of or damage to personal property whilst on our premises;
- any injuries or damages you sustain or, or that your guest or anyone affiliated with or connected with you, may sustain in connection with or resulting directly or indirectly from your or your guest’s, or affiliated or connected person’s, involvement in our classes.
- Our liability to you shall not exceed the total price charged for any classes you have paid for.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes our liability to you for personal injury or death caused by our negligence or any other losses which cannot be excluded or limited by applicable law (such as relating to the protection of your personal information).
- Any participant in a class is welcome to send another person in their place as long as you inform us by calling or emailing us prior to the class, and provided that person has read and consented to these Terms and Conditions.
Cancellations & Rescheduling
- If you need to cancel and reschedule a booking you must do this by emailing us (at firstname.lastname@example.org marked FAO Sugarcraft School) at least 14 days before the date of your class. We are sorry that we will be unable to reschedule a class with less than 14 days’ notice.
- When at least 14 days advance notice is given as noted above, we can cancel your space in a class and move this to another class of the same type.
- Moving a space to another class is subject to availability of spaces for another date.
- If another suitable date is not available for your class type, we may offer a spend value voucher which can be used towards a booking for another class type. In such cases, terms and conditions for spend value gift vouchers will apply (as detailed below). If you booked your original class space using a voucher, any spend value voucher issued will carry the same expiry date as your original voucher.
- If you are unable to attend, you are welcome to send another person in your place as long as you inform us by calling or emailing us prior to the class, and provided that person has read and consented to these Terms and Conditions.
- You may only rebook a class once. If you are unable to attend your second date we cannot move the booking again nor offer a spend value voucher.
- Refunds are available within 14 days of purchase only, provided that any such cancellation and refund request is also notified to us at least 14 days before the date of your class as noted above.
- Vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of issue as shown on the gift voucher.
- Vouchers are non-refundable and have no face value.
- Bookings using a voucher are subject to availability; class spaces are assigned on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Vouchers can be redeemed against the type of class or spend value as specified on the voucher only.
- Spend value gift vouchers can be used to make up a part payment for a class.
- Spend value gift vouchers must be used in their entirety; no change will be given.
- Vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash or credit or be used against any other product or service other than that specified on the voucher.
- Vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or voucher.
- Once a course is booked and paid for using a voucher that voucher is considered redeemed and the Sugarcraft School’s terms and conditions will apply to any cancellation of the booking.
Changes to these terms
- These Terms were last updated on 31 Jan 2023. We may vary these Terms from time to time without advance notice except we will obtain your consent prior to you obtaining our products and services where required by law.
- Our updated terms will be displayed on our website (www.davidduncansugarcraftschool.co.uk) and you agree to be bound by the updated version.
- We will file each version of our Terms but will not display outdated terms on our Site so you should keep your own copy when you purchase with us.